In this article, we answer the question of how to be more productive in life with the Pomodoro technique. You can be more productive in life and business by planning your day. Clearly, time management is one of the most common challenges for entrepreneurs.
What is the Pomodoro Technique?
An effective way to boost your productivity is Pomodoro Technique. Pomodoro is an Italian word for tomatoes. Pomodoro Technique was found by university student Francesco Cirillo. He was stressed and overwhelmed. Thus, he was struggling to concentrate on his studies. By developing this simple time management technique, he answered the question of how to focus on courses. Yet, Pomodoro Technique is not used only by students. Entrepreneurs who want to be more productive in life also use this time management technique.
How to use the Pomodoro Technique?
Pomodoro Technique focuses on sessions rather than hours. Next to sessions, frequent breaks are provided. Therefore, our brain can get a rest and enhance concentration through multiple work sessions. Certainly, Pomodoro Technique is suitable for everyone. Especially for those who get distracted easily during working hours. Similarly, for people struggling with time management.
Step by step: How to be more productive in life by using the Pomodoro Technique?
- Pick a task and prepare your to-do list for the day. Each Pomodoro is equal to 25 minutes!
- Set your timer and concentrate on your work. After that, continue until the time is off. Want to be more productive in business? Then focus on a single task at a time.
- When your Pomodoro session ends, count out one Pomodoro. Don’t forget to write down the completed task.
- It’s time to enjoy your short 5 minutes break!
- Keep repeating the process. After completing four pomodoros, take a 15-30 minutes break.
Core rules of the Pomodoro Technique
- Don’t force yourself to complete a complex task in four pomodoros. So, divide your tasks into smaller and doable parts.
- Combine simple and smaller tasks into one Pomodoro. If you have duties that endure less than 25 minutes, combine them into one Pomodoro. Therefore you will manage your time more effectively. This is a small but effective step to increase productivity in life.
- Always set the alarm for each Pomodoro! Don’t try to multitask. Concentrate on the current task. Meanwhile, don’t check your emails or answer calls and messages. You shouldn’t break the Pomodoro session once it starts. If you can’t avoid the distraction, take a 5-minute break. Then start over again.
- Track the amount and type of occurring distractions. So, you can work on them in future sessions.
- Did you finish your task earlier? Then do something productive! For example, read some business or personal journals.
Be more productive in life by adding more pomodoros!
But how many pomodoros we need to be more productive in life? Working with Pomodoro techniques is about consistency and quality than quantity. However, everyone has unique experiences, duties, and lifestyles. You can evaluate yourself after each session. So you can limit future distractions and add new challenges.
Eight working hours is equal to 16 pomodoros. However, most people are not productive 8 hours a day. Start with the minimum pomodoros and challenge yourself to add more. Yet, don’t push yourself by focusing on quantity. The quality of work is more important than quantity!
Manage stress and depression with the Pomodoro Technique
Do you ask yourself how to reduce depression and stress? Pomodoro technique may be the answer! As entrepreneurs, one of our biggest challenges is time management. Distraction and the inability to complete a task may lead to stress and depression. Working under pressure affects productivity in life and business. However, time will become your best friend with Pomodoro Technique! Here are some benefits of the Pomodoro Technique.
- Manage your concentration and reduce repetition and stress.
- Focus on more important tasks by avoiding extensive and ineffective meetings.
- Learn how to organize complex tasks.
- Boost your confidence.
- Use Pomodoro Technique as a team! You will be more productive and responsible with the help of clear task circulation.
- Time will become your friend. Time management is no longer a cause of stress and depression!
- Create your Pomodoro schedule.
- With correct time management, you will achieve all your deadlines.
- Simplify, manage and reach your goals.
- Lastly, you will be spending fewer hours on social media.
Practice the Pomodoro Technique with other entrepreneurs
Finding an effective time management method is the key to productive business and life. With the Pomodoro Technique, time is no more an enemy! Besides, another way to become more productive is by living with other entrepreneurs. Learning from each other and sharing the same environment can lead to a successful business. Why not practice the Pomodoro Technique with other entrepreneurs? The entrepreneur house provides co-living spaces for young entrepreneurs to develop themselves in business and mindset. Sign up for The Entrepreneur House community here!
By: Eliz Kapitanova